Sunday, April 22, 2012

3 weeks old

Hello fellow followers(s?) of my blog! How's life?! Here everything is al right!

This week I'll write down very few. I'm posting to show you the progress of this year's seedlings and I know that the first four to eight weeks are the most interesting. After that, they'll grow, but only very slow, so I'm planning to post an article every week during the first six weeks and after that, only once a month or even once in the three months, if there is really something to show.

INDEX

  1.  The beginning, sown at 1-4-2012 and one week later.
  2. 15-4-2012, 2 weeks old.
  3. 22-4-2012, 3 weeks old.
  4. 29-4-2012, quite the same.
  5. 20-5-2012, 7 weeks old.
  6. 17-6-2012, 11 weeks old.
  7. 20-5-2013, more than 1 year old.

Blossfeldia liliputana and Aztekium ritteri
I really should mark them, for you to spot them easier, but if you look well, you can see one A. ritteri and about four B. liliputana. Probably there are more, but they're just too hard to spot.


Frailea asterioides 'castanea' and Epithelantha bokei
Both are getting spines already. Slowly they start looking more like cacti!


Tephrocactus articulatus
Last week I've already mentioned it and yesterday I've brought it in practice: I've picked the seeds out of the soil and will let them dry for a week. Next week I'll sow them again and hope for some results this time...


Echinopsis candicans
Twenty-three! Way too much if you ask me, but no big deal... yet.


Pachycereus pringlei
Not much to say... Only that they have more spines than last week...


LOPHOPHORA williamsii - v caespitosa, La Perdida
Quite similar compared to last week.


Selenicereus hondurensis
They're becomming a problem already! They're too high for the bucket and I almost can't close it anymore without harming them. I have no idea what to do. I just hope that they can survive like this till I take of the lid.


Selenicereus grandiflorus
They're still a little less tall than the S. hondurensis, so I don't have to worry too much about them.


Pilosocereus gounellei
They're slowly becoming a little bit fatter and spines are also appearing.


Browningia candelaris
Spines are also appearing on them. I'm a little bit disappointed about the quantity of this specie... On the other hand, if they'll end up as full-grown plants, this is already too much!


And that's about it for this week! Well... I also changed the lay-out of my Blog and added a guestbook. I mean... I just wanted to give the possibility to give opinions or ask questions. It seems to work, but don't feel obligated to use it!

What can I tell more? Well... I hope you guys don't think that I spend all my free time here with my little green friends! It's just that when I have a hobby, I'm fanatic. Nothing wrong with that, but... Then you start writing Blogs about stuff that most people don't want to know and... Hmmm.. It's kind of funny. I've convinced my brother to also start a Blog about his Tattoo Art (on the left side of my page you can find the link to it) some time ago and once in a while he posts something, but mostly of the time I have to kick his ass to get him at it. And this Blog I'm talking about, already has twice as much views as mine! I guess I just have to accept that I'm a bit weird (or maybe different is a better word), having this kind of hobbies. =P But no problemo! I'm enjoying myself and for me this is just a way to relax my spirit a little.

Next to my many cacti, the rest of my life is also going great. My beautiful wife that is always at my side just keeps on making me happy everyday and we're living in a (for us right now) perfect place! Nothing to complain! Next year we'll visit our family in Brazil and we're really looking forward to it! It probably won't be a vacation to relax, because we'll have to visit all our family and friends and... well... A LOT of people! But that's alright! We've been missing all of them!



Till next time and have a nice week!